Complimentary Design Review & Flood Insurance Quotes
• Allow our Certified Floodplain Managers to assist you with your custom flood vent layout.
• We will design a Smart Vent system to meet your project needs.
• The flood vent system will be plotted on your plans, and include a vent schedule that is color coded to match the corresponding Smart Vent layout of the project.
Dry Floodproofing Non-Residential Buildings
We have partnered with ILC Dover, an aerospace materials company that has designed every NASA spacesuit since the Apollo missions, and have developed Flex-Wall®, which is born from years of experience working on floodplain designs and seeing the issues with existing dry floodproofing products.
Visit www.dryfloodproofing.com for more information.
Flex-Wall® provides a second to none dry floodproofing option:
• Point-of-use Storage: eliminating the need for off-site storage and fees
• Rapid Deployment in minutes with minimal manpower and no heavy equipment
• Scalable Designs: can be sized to fit any opening or threat
• Robust Construction & Advanced Materials: constructed with layered Kevlar® structural webbing with a coated fabric water retention layer. Click on the image to the left to enlarge.
Click on the image to the right for more information on building for resiliency.
Wet Floodproofing Non-Residential Buildings
Don’t be fooled by using Air Vents as Flood Vents. This will result in a non-compliant home that will not pass by code officials and result in an extremely high Flood Insurance Premium for the Homeowner. Preserve the aesthetic beauty of the homes you build by installing our FEMA-Accepted, ICC-ES Certified Marine Grade 316 Stainless Steel Smart Vents. The 16-in. x 8-in. Models are certified to cover 200 sq. ft. of enclosed area. That’s five times the coverage a standard Air Vent provides!
With a model for every application, Smart Vent will provide you a certified solution for your floodplain projects’ flood venting needs. A sustainable home starts with a well-built and protected foundation. Give your clients peace of mind and the lowest possible flood insurance premium.
Click on the image below to view the full guide.
NEW CEU Course: Floodplain Design, Construction, and Impacts on Flood Insurance
SketchUp files now available! Visit the 3D Warehouse here.
FEMA Best Practice Story Reveals No Flood Damage for Homes Due To Flood Vents During Hurricane Sandy
[SMART VENTS pictured in story and featured in homes] Surrounding neighborhood homes without compliant flood vents were not so fortunate. “If you look across the street, those garage doors were devastated,” Builder Ray Guzman said. “If we didn’t have those flood vents, the homes would not have been able to take the pressure from the water. They really saved us. We’re like a rose in the middle of a disaster.”
Request a Webinar or Lunch & Learn Presentation
We’ve spent many years studying the science of flood mitigation and the effects flood waters could have on a poorly protected home. In fact, the SMART VENT Team is certified to instruct and provide learning credits to Architects, Builders, Certified Floodplain Managers, Code Officials, Engineers, Insurance Agents, Realtors, and Surveyors in many states.