Design For Disaster
Complimentary FEMA Flood Zone Project Reviews
• Allow our Certified Floodplain Managers to assist you with your custom flood proof layout.
• We will design a wet/dry floodproof system to meet your project needs.
• The flood proof system will be plotted on your plans, and include a schedule that is color coded to match the corresponding layout of the project.
To start the complimentary design review process, submit your plans today.
Don’t be fooled by using Air Vents as Flood Vents. This will result in a non-compliant home that will not pass by code officials and result in an extremely high Flood Insurance Premium for the Homeowner.
Preserve the aesthetic beauty of the homes you build by installing Smart Vents which are:
• ICC-ES Certified
• Marine Grade 316 Stainless Steel
• Made in the USA
The 16-in. x 8-in. Models are certified to cover 200 sq. ft. of enclosed area. That’s five times the coverage a standard Air Vent provides!
With a model for every application, Smart Vent will provide you a certified solution for your floodplain projects’ flood venting needs. A sustainable home starts with a well-built and protected foundation. Give your clients peace of mind and the lowest possible flood insurance premium.
Smart vent is offered in a variety of standard powder coat paint color options and can also be custom color matched to ensure that the needs of every structure being met.
Dry floodproofing products protect your critical assets while providing the flexibility to keep the property open until the last possible moment before an event occurs, providing the fastest recovery time.
We offer a wide range of dry floodproofing applications to accommodate any project, at any size.
• Point-Of-Use Flood Barriers
• Door, Window & Vent Flood Barriers
• Perimeter Flood Barriers
• Passive Flood Barriers
• Glass Flood Barriers
Visit www.floodproofing.com for more information on our state-of-the-art dry floodproofing products.
NEW AIA-HSW Approved CEU Course: Floodplain Design, Construction, and Impacts on Flood Insurance
We’ve spent many years studying the science of flood mitigation and the effects flood waters could have on a poorly protected home. In fact, our Certified Floodplain Managers and Flood Mitigation Specialists certified to instruct and provide learning credits to Architects, Builders, Certified Floodplain Managers, Code Officials, Engineers, Insurance Agents, Realtors, and Surveyors in many states.
We would like to offer you the opportunity to have our updated course as a lunch & learn or webinar as it contains the latest solutions on dry floodproofing applications and flood codes and regulations.
1. Identify the effects of hydrostatic pressure on building sustainability.
2. Explain the role of foundation flood vents on building enclosure performance in relationship to air, water and land use.
3. Identify FEMA regulations and ICC building codes as they relate to sustaining foundations in flood hazard areas.
4. Analyze the differences between engineered and non-engineered foundation flood openings in terms of optimizing health, durability, and maintenance.
Click on the button below to get started.
FEMA Best Practice Story Reveals No Flood Damage for Homes Due To Flood Vents During Hurricane Sandy
Find out how this one home survived Hurricane Sandy and how its surrounding neighborhood homes without compliant flood vents were not so fortunate. “If you look across the street, those garage doors were devastated,”
Builder Ray Guzman said. “If we didn’t have those flood vents, the homes would not have been able to take the pressure from the water. They really saved us. We’re like a rose in the middle of a disaster.”
How Smart Vent Can Provide 392,00 sq. ft. of Flood Protection
Foster Farms in Stevinson, CA needed 392,000 sq. ft. of flood venting protection and we were able to help with 1,960 of our 4x1 multi-frame insulated Smart Vent flood vents. We’re proud to say that this is our largest wet floodproofing project to date.
SketchUp files now available! Visit the 3D Warehouse here.